Hetley Law Firm is proud to share some of our recent achievements:
2002: Aircraft Lien for Unpaid Materials
The firm registered a lien Johnson County, Kansas on behalf of a Texas manufacturer regarding the installation of a windshield for a Cessna 421C.Upon filing the lien, the full balance of $23,352.50 was successfully collected without the client having to take further legal action.
2003: Successfully Defeated a Motion to Set Aside after Collecting the Judgment
In an action to recover materials and labor on behalf of a subcontractor, Geoff Hetley won a judgment in Jackson County, Missouri of $7,849.92. The firm proceeded to file wage garnishments and successfully collecting the judgment. Over a year after the judgment was entered, the defendant filed a motion to set aside the judgment and to quash the garnishments. After reviewing the matter, the Court concluded the judgment was valid and found the garnishments were proper. Which allowed the firm's client to keep the money recovered.
2003: Defeated a Kansas Consumer Protection Act Lawsuit Against a Business
After filing suit alleging fraud, negligent misrepresentation and asking for $5,000.00 for each violation of the Kansas Consumer Protection Act, there were numerous procedural difficulties with the Plaintiff. Including the failure to submit witness and exhibit lists; to designate experts, all within the time frame of the Courts' scheduling order. In addition Plaintiff failed to answer the Second Interrogatories and failed to appear at the pretrial conference. Geoff Hetley was subsequently able to have the lawsuit dismissed.
2007: Firm Defeated a Motion to Set Registration of Foreign Judgment And Objection To Garnishment
Firm registered a judgment obtained in Oklahoma for $77,385.00 in the District Court of Johnson County, Kansas. Then successfully defended a challenge to the registration on the basis of lack of jurisdiction. And in one bank garnishment captured the amount of $63,498.45. The debtor eventually filed bankruptcy, prevention collection of the remainder.
2007: Firm Collected Judgment and Then Successfully Defended a 7 Year Effort to Have it Set Aside
After a default judgment was obtained, one garnishment resulted in the capture of $80,984.20 which satisfied the judgment. The firm spent the next seven years defending efforts by the defendants to have the judgment set aside and the garnishment funds returned. Prevailing on two efforts to have the judgment appealed, including to the Kansas Court of Appeals.
2008: Firm Repossessed Dental Practice for Nonpayment
A dentist defaulted on its loan to a provider of practice financing for dentists. The firm obtained a judgment for $100,462.00 and replevin of its security interest. The dentist did not pay the judgment. The firm executed on the judgment, obtaining possession of the dental equipment used in the dental practice.
2010-2013: Firm was involved in negotiating assumption of leases, obtaining reliefs from stay and possession of equipment from numerous Bankruptcy courts across the country.
- In the Bankruptcy court for the District of Arizona obtained relief from the bankruptcy stay and possession of a 2005 Manitek Skycrane SC-8; 42733 Aerial sign truck, 2005 International 4300.
- In the Bankruptcy court for the District of Arizona obtained relief from the bankruptcy stay and possession of a 2006 Putzmeister Concrete Pump-Trailer TK50HP, valued at $15,000.00.
- In the Bankruptcy court for the District of Delaware obtained relief from the bankruptcy stay and possession of a 1999 Mack RB688S Dump Truck, valued at $21,050.00.
- In the Bankruptcy court for the Western District of Oklahoma obtained relief from the bankruptcy stay and possession of a 2007 Mack Conventional Style Cab valued at $42,750.00.
- In the Bankruptcy court for the Southern District of New York obtained relief from the bankruptcy stay and possession of a 2002 Peterbilt 379 Over-the-road Truck, a 2002 Conventional Style Cab, and 2001 Spec-TEC 28" x 96" trailer, valued at $33,000.00.
- In the Bankruptcy court for the District of Nevada obtained relief from the bankruptcy stay and possession of a 1999 Komatsu WA500 Wheel Loader, valued at $50,855.00.
- In the Bankruptcy court for the District of New Mexico, obtained relief from the bankruptcy stay and possession of 2006 Sterling LT 9511 and a 2007 Ideal Manufacturing Global Mixer, valued at $75,000.00.
- In the Bankruptcy court for the Western District of Pennsylvania, assisted in obtaining a Consent Order for a Motion for Relief from Stay for a 2007 International 4300 Vacuum tank truck and a 2007 Garsite Progress, LLC 2500 gallon, 245 HP DT466, valued at $25,000.00.
- In the Bankruptcy court for the Eastern District of Virginia, negotiated an Assumption of lease 1998FordLouisville Dump Truck and a 2005 Alfab Inc. 18ft. Aluminum body.